Thursday, October 16, 2008

I'm in love with this lotion....

There are a few items that I simply cannot live without, because I love them, and for them no substitute will ever suffice. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am always in search of an improvement to a product I'm using that I just like, and it's because I want to love it.

Case in point, my lotion. I have lots of lotions; wal-mart knockoffs of Bath and Body Works, true Bath and Body Works, Vicky Secret's, random brands that can be found at any drugstore or supermarket....the list goes on and on. For me, the search for a perfect lotion is a complex one.

  • The lotion must blend well with my fragrance of the day

  • Lotion must be thick, but not too thick, and definitely not watery

  • Must absorb quickly, yet be moisturizing and not greasy at the same time

  • Must be gentle enough that it doesn't aggravate my allergies or the awful eczema I get in winter and after wearing dark rinse denim.
Am I picky? Yep.... A little neurotic? Maybe... BUT I think my search is over!


Enter Dove's Cream Oil moisturizing body lotion. It is FABULOUS! Perfect consistency, absorbs easily yet moisturizes fantastically, is not greasy, has a faint scent that smells divine alone or under my perfume and DOES NOT IRRITATE MY SKIN!!! I'm in love. So much so that I bought 2 bottles at Target last night. OK, so Target had a BOGO free coupon attached to the bottle, but I still bought it. Although it's a little pricier than the St. Ives I used to use, I think the price is soooo worth it. I give this lotion 5 squeals.

No comments: