Friday, October 17, 2008

Where are my scissors?

As a woman of color with "good hair", I am often told I would be crazy to cut my hair. I've done it before, never really short though, and usually end up crying about it later. I am however, at my wit's end with it now. It has take me over 20 years to finally learn to "handle" my hair, and get it to do the things I want. It only took 9 months to completely undo everything I thought I knew. Since my daughter was born, my hair is no longer the same. Texture, color, product absorption, nothing....and I don't know what to do. Enter my mother watching one of the home shopping channels and seeing a segment on the Maxiglide. Somehow, this miracle flat iron adds steam and straightens and silkifies even the thickest, frizziest hair. Ok, I'm curious now....but $99 for a flat iron? Yeah I have one, it works, but not like the infomercial claims the Maxiglide will. So do I cough up $99 in the hopes that this is the answer or do I spend several hundreds of dollars on new products (of which, most will end up in the trash or given away)? I don't know, but I do know there are many more wigs in my future if I don't figure it out....

No comments: