Wednesday, November 19, 2008

When life gets in the way...

OK, so in reading all of the fascinating blogs out there about other women's lives, I thought I'd start my own blog. Why exactly I thought anyone would actually read it I'm not sure, but I thought it would be fun nonetheless. One blog I regularly read is Melissa the Mouth. I don't know her from Eve, yet it feels like I do. I, along with many others, voyeuristically participate in her daily life. I know about her beautiful little girls, her love of food and books, and her obsession with Target....and I have never met her. I tune in daily to see what new website she's discovered, and what cute little something she's bought for Pea or CoCo, and wish that my life was half as interesting as hers. Today, sudden realization...my life is interesting. Maybe not to everyone, but certainly to some.

I have not blogged everyday as I thought I would because, well, sometimes life gets in the way. I work a 40+ hour work-week, then come home to take care of my 7 month old daughter, and occasionally, my mother, if she's not feeling well. I keep in touch with dear friends, work on my daughter's scrapbook, wash dishes and get ready for the next day......I stay pretty busy, and that's ok...the busy-ness of my life is part of what makes it interesting. I hear and experience things in stores or at work and often at home, that when relayed in a story, people often think I'm making up because, well really, can anyone really have a life that funny? Yep, I do....the inside jokes, the insanity of your family, really, it can be hilarious.....and while others may have the same sorts of things go on in their lives, I still think mine is pretty cool...

No comments: